Part A – Introduction
- visit, use, or interact with www.giraffic.com (the “Site“); and/or
- access or use our streaming and content delivery software (the “Software“).
As used herein, “Service” means, collectively, the Site and the Software.
- “Personal Information” means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify or contact an individual, such as (but not limited to) a full name, an email address, a home or other physical address, and a telephone number; and
- “Non-Personal Information” means any information other than Personal Information.
Part B – The Software
Currently, we make the Software available to electronics device manufacturers (“Manufacturing Customers“) for embedding and/or integration in/with their respective electronics devices – we do this so that consumers can receive content and other services on the Internet with enhanced performance, quality, and reliability. In this respect Giraffic and the Software act as a conduit for information controlled by others (i.e., our Manufacturing Customers and their respective business partners).
We may also share and disclose such Non-Personal Information described above (with or without compensation, and whether or not we participate in any of their programs or services) with and to third parties around the world.
Part C – The Site
Information is collected in the following ways:
1. Contacting Us. If you send us a ‘Contact Us’ request, contact us for technical, operational or other support, or otherwise provide us with comments or feedback, and whether you do this by submitting an online form that we make available or by sending us an email, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information such as your full name and email address.
2. Blogs, Newsletters, Surveys and Promotions. The Site may contain a blog forum displaying information about the Software and about Giraffic in general. The Site may also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to newsletters and participate in surveys and other promotional activities. In each of the foregoing cases, your interaction (such as responding on the blog forum, subscribing to a newsletter, or participating in a survey) may require you to provide certain Personal Information such as your full name and email address.
3. Log Files. When you visit, use or interact with the Site, our servers automatically collect certain information, including certain information reported or sent to us by your browser and/or device. Such information may include (among other things) your IP address, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, number of clicks, and pages viewed.
We may use such information to analyze trends, track user’s movement around the Site, and gather demographic information.
Some of the cookies on our Site are set by us, in which case we collect the information. And some of the cookies on our Site may be set by third parties (that is, by a domain other than the Giraffic domain), in which case the third party will collect the information – for example, social plug-ins on our Site (such as the “Like” button on our blog page) involve the setting of cookies by the applicable third party. These third parties may also be advertising and marketing service providers (such as aggregator and analytics providers), and it is often the case that such third parties are providing us with a service.
If you do not want to receive cookies, consult your respective browser settings. This may allow you to receive notifications when cookies are set, or to otherwise block cookies altogether. You may also be able to delete cookies that have already been set. If you do block or restrict cookies, you will still be able to use the Site, but various features and functionality may be impaired.
5. Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information.
- Use. We may use Non-Personal Information in any ways we want and for whatever purposes, including, without limitation, to analyze trends, track movements, and in general to customize your experience of the Site and the content you see.
- Disclosure. We may share and disclose Non-Personal Information, with or without compensation, to any third parties (such as advertising and marketing service providers) and for whatever purposes.
6. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information.
- Use. With respect to Personal Information collected or received by us, we may, in addition to the ways already described herein, use such Personal Information in the following ways and/or for the following purposes:
- To administer the Site and to provide its services, content, features and functionality;
- To analyze and improve the Site; and/or
- To respond to, and otherwise deal with, your comments, requests, enquiries, and other communications.
If we wish to use Personal Information in any other way or for any other purpose, we will notify and obtain the consent of the individual to whom such Personal Information pertains. You will also be able to withhold or withdraw such consent at any time.
7. Choice. At all times you may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information. If you choose not to provide Personal Information when required for a particular feature or service of the Site, you may still be able to use other parts of the Site.
8. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to delete or correct any of your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may submit an access request by sending an email to email@example.com. Your email should include adequate details of your request.
10. Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract children under the age of 13 years. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from someone under 13 years of age, we will delete that Information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any such Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Part D – General
11. Security. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information provided to, and stored by, us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security or confidentiality. If you have any questions about security, you can contact us at email@example.com. You are solely responsible for maintaining the security of your device from unauthorized access.
12. Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy. If we are acquired by, or merged with, a third party entity, or if we are subject to a bankruptcy or any comparable event, we reserve the right to transfer and/or assign Personal Information in connection therewith.
13. California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our customers who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
14. ‘Do Not Track’ Notices. ‘Do Not Track’ (or DNT) is a feature offered by some browsers which, when activated, sends a signal to websites to request that your browsing not be tracked. The Service does not currently respond or take any action with respect to DNT signals (or other similar mechanisms) that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual’s online activities over time and across Third Party Sites. We may allow third parties, such as companies that provide us with analytics tools, to collect Personal Information about an individual’s online activities over time and across different web sites when an individual uses the Service.
Last Updated: March 18, 2015